Tuesday, April 1, 2008
This has really been a week for finishing up projects. This gal has been around a while. I hooked the wings for this doll probably 4 yrs ago...so long ago in fact, that I don't remember the exact date. At that time I cut, sewed and stuffed the body. She was then tossed into my hooking basket where she remained untouched until just a week or so ago. The wool that I had originally picked out for her dress is long gone...used for another project or more likely hooked into a mat. I picked through my stash of wool to find something suitable for her attire, and finished her off. A real make-do kinda gal. With buttons for eyes and a horseshoe nail nose, I think she's quite a looker. The wings are wired so they won't droop and have been completely lined. I've named her Mother McCabe...a primitive bio will complete her. She'll look mighty special hanging on the door of that Pail Cupboard. This picture was taken outside and man oh man was it a windy day...her hair is blowing straight in the air and she looks as if she is about to take off!! Perhaps that accounts for her startled look. LOL
I found another set of hooked wings in my wool stash...the second set are predominantly green...hard to say what they will become.